GupShup, Pakistan Discussion Forum, Urdu Poetry, Send Free SMS to Pakistan, Free Urdu Courses, IT News, Pakistan Politics

HomeSend Free SMSCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog inContact Us

Share | 

BMW plans to introduce third generation i-model in 2020

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
saeed111

Warning :
Male
Capricorn
Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: BMW plans to introduce third generation i-model in 2020   Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:48 am

SYDNEY: BMW has said that the company is in the process of brainstorming that what it can offer as the 3rd i model. This had been revealed in an interview between the company and the Automotive News Europe.
It is Klaus Froehlich, the R&D boss mentions that the company is currently in the phase of strategic research and brainstorming. It has also been unveiled that everyone involved in this very phase is trying to get in touch with potential clients. In addition to that, they are also expected to carry out workshops and also present their ideas afterwards in front of those with the authority to make the final decision as to which direction the company is heading in the future. The upcoming i model will not use the chassis of any existing models to use as its base.
One thing that is interesting about the upcoming third generation i-Series model is that its battery density will have been increased by 20% at the very least and that this will happen once in every three years. Taking that into account, this should indicate that both the currently existing i3 and i8 models from the German marquee will benefit from better range and performance, or even both, every three years.
However the current owners of the BMW i3 and i8 models, they won’t be eligible for the benefit mentioned above. According to Froehlich, it will be virtually impossible for the company to replace the already implanted batteries. This is because these batteries are bonded and integrated into the chassis of the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BMW plans to introduce third generation i-model in 2020
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
pagesPK.com :: 
Tech Zone
 :: Science & Technology News and Discussion
-
Jump to:  

View My Stats